Welcome To The Only PLACE Where ENTERTAINMENT MEANS LIFE!!!

Thursday 20 March 2014

On 02:18 by Unknown   No comments
Popular Akan actor Kwaku Manu has admitted that he introduced the word “Tonga” in his movies but musician Joey B has succeeded in making it popular in the music circles.
In an interview with the Drive Time host of Sena Radio 104.7 FM who is popularly known as Bishop Agbey on his Ofie ne Fie programme which is widely listened by people from all walks of life, Kwaku Manu confirmed on radio that he introduced the word “Tonga” in movies but he could not popularize it like it has been done recently by hip life musician Joey B.
“Tonga is not a new word to me at all if you ask me. I started using Tonga in my lines long time ago and I used it on people like my wives and girlfriends in movies. I often tell them that I want “Tonga” which means I want to make love to them. Therefore when I heard that the song is now huge on music platforms, I only thought the guy has been smart. At this time I can`t claim ownership of the word because I did not register it in my name and what that means is that it can be used by anybody who is interested in it. I only think that music makes terms more popular than movies” Kwaku Manu told Bishop Agbey on Sena Radio`s Ofie ne Fie Drive Time programme.
Over the past few weeks when Charterhouse opened nominations for this year`s Ghana Music Awards, some unconfirmed news report went viral alleging that Musiga had banned the hit song “Tonga” and that the executives of Musiga were pushing for its exclusion in the music awards. As of the time of going to press, there was another news report which suggested that Musiga has dissociated itself from the earlier news report published by a local website 233times.com. When the story was posted on twitter, an account with a handle Musiga commented that we dissociate ourselves from this report.
Joey B is still silent on the matter and the Flex newspaper believe that he is waiting for public opinion on the song first, before he will finally consider whether he should submit the song for nomination or not before the nomination closes on 31st January 2014.
Credit: Flex Newspaper

0 comments:

Post a Comment